Certified Walks n Wags Pet First Aid instructor, Georgina Bradley, is holding a Pet First Aid course at Ball and Biscuit
Important topics covered in the pet first aid courses include:
- Recognition of signs and prevention of common illness and injury Safely working with an injured animal
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency
- How to handle bleeding wounds and bone injuries
- Choking skills
- How to perform Artificial Respiration and CPR
- What to do for poisoning, frostbite, heat stroke, burns
Payment for classes is required in full prior to the start of the classes. The course is $149.00 plus tax ( $156.45 including tax )
*** Bring a friend and each receive $10 off!|
Registration for classes will close Friday May 21 @ 5:00pm.
If you would like to register contact Georgina Bradley @ email@example.com ,604-878-STAR (7827), www.DogStars.ca
Payment available instantly through PayPal here: http://dogstars.ca/registration-payment
What you need to bring for the class:
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can layer on and off. The temperature may vary during the day - so be sure you are comfortable.
- Bring writing paper and pen/pencil.
- There will be some snacks, tea and coffee available for you when you arrive and through out the day. There will be a lunch break to have a larger meal if you’d like. There are a few places to eat in the vicinity or feel free to pack a lunch.
- Dogs are welcome if registered ONLY and there is a 4 dog per class maximum. Dogs must be relatively calm, quiet, sociable with dogs/people, and be willing to be handled by multiple people for demonstrations. We reserve the right to send any dog home if s/he is felt to be disruptive or unsuitable for the dynamics of the class. While we cover cat first aid as well, we regret cats are unable to attend class since the dogs become too excited. Please inquire asap if you are able to bring your dog - as we may be already at the maximum number.
- If you get lost please call BEFORE 8:45am so you do not disrupt the class. Otherwise, stop at a gas station and ask for directions.
- If you work with pets feel free to bring business cards and do some networking with one another at the breaks! However, if a fellow student is a client already utilizing another company we ask that you respect that and do not solicit their business. Thank you.
- I'll look forward to seeing you on Sunday - please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early as we will be setting up. If you have any questions feel free to call me, if you get the voicemail leave a message and I'll get back to you shortly.